ISO 50001 Energy Management
A globally recognised standard developed in response to increasing global awareness of energy performance, this standard offers a systematic approach to reduce energy costs, greenhouse gas emissions, and other related environmental impacts. ISO 50001:2011 focuses specifically on energy management and technical factors that drive energy efficiency and have an impact on the environment. It also focuses on the cost benefits of using utilities more efficiently, so the business case for it is clear-cut.
Effective energy management will not only help safeguard our future for generations to come, but can be the key to increased profitability and sustainability for your organisation.
What are the benefits of ISO 50001 Energy Management?
- Improve visibility of energy usage which, in turn, will reduce energy related operational costs
- Increase energy efficiency and support energy conservation
- Demonstrate a commitment to sustainability
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Improve use of existing energy assets
- Refine energy procurement practices
- Enable you to communicate about energy performance, internally, to the community and your customers
- Assist in the evaluation, prioritising and implementation of new energy-efficient technologies
- Provide a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- Allow for more streamlined integration with other management systems such as quality, environmental, and occupational health and safety
- Provide customers, suppliers, employees, and other stakeholders with evidence of the organisation’s commitment to improved energy performance, as well as compliance with applicable legislation and regulations
Is ISO 50001 right for you?
It is right for any organisation that wants to take control of their energy use and subsequent energy costs and if you already hold certification to ISO 14001 the basic framework for ISO 50001 is already in place.
ISO 50001 Update
• ISO 50001:2011 will cease to be valid on 21/08/2021
• All existing clients must have received their transition audit to ISO 50001:2018 prior to 21/05/2021
• Transition audits can be completed within the normal certification cycle (additional audit time and fees will be required), alternatively, if existing clients wish to transition outside of their usual audit schedule, this can be performed as a special visit (additional time and fees will be required)
• All new applications for ISO 50001 received from 1 April 2021 must be to the 2018 version of the standard.
• All existing clients who wish to maintain their ISO 50001 certification, please inform your local office of your chosen route for transition
Request a quote
Find out how much ISO 50001 Energy Management certification could cost for your business.
SOCOTEC Morocco Headed will offer to its local customers the ISO 9001, 14001, 50001 certification under COFRAC accreditation …
SOCOTEC Certification International is excited to launch its new bookshop in partnership with IT Governance. Everything from Standards and …
In our previous blog post ‘Why digital?’, we looked at the rise of digital auditing, the drawbacks of …
In an earlier blog entry, we discussed the inadequacies of the current auditing model and gave examples of …
Too many times over the last few years have we seen a massive failure in business processes that …
Already a leader in the field of assessment and certification services to internationally recognised standards, over the last …
Introduced in June 2011, the purpose of ISO 50001:2011 (an Energy Management System – EnMS) is to help companies …
While some see certification as another form of auditing, and all it implies, for others it means attaining …
Business continuity and disaster recovery planning is a key governance responsibility of all organisations. Sadly there are still …
With greater emphasis being given to Business Continuity Management (BCM) systems, it is important for companies to identify …
Enerji yönetim Sistemi ile daha az Enerji Tüketin, daha az ödeyin ve gelecek nesillere yaşanabilir bir çevre bırakın
Enerji, her geçen gün daha fazla kullanılan, varlığımızı sürdürmek için vazgeçilmez bir ihtiyaçtır. Enerjiyi bir kelime ile tanıtmak …